Attributes jumping to different entities.

I noticed that an attribute that was previously on an entity I am using was missing. I created a new attribute on the entity to replace the missing one and noticed that it dissappeared too.

After successfully adding it back, and building the app I found that my git diff showed many more changes than I had made. Upon review I noticed that my missing attribute was now on some other entities where it did not belong.

Going back to the codebots platform I’ve been able to replicate attributes jumping to other entities unintentionally, usually by using my mouse to highlight text within the attribute panel on the right, and overshooting the mouse move into the diagram and releasing the left click button.

1 Like

I have been able to reproduce this by holding the middle mouse button after I have clicked into the attribute property panel and then moving my cursor over each entity.

output

Maybe it is related?

For additional context I was using Chrome version 89.0.4389.128.

1 Like

Hi @Kieran_Lockyer and @kellie, thank you for pointing this one. We have replicated the issue and have created a development ticket to address this bug. Will will advise here when the issue has been resolved.

1 Like

Just letting you know that a fix for this issue has been completed and will be available in the next release of Iterate.

1 Like

Hi @Kieran_Lockyer and @kellie! Just letting you know that a fix for this has been released in Generate this afternoon. It will also be implemented in Iterate as part of our next release, which is currently looking to be this week. :tada: :tada:

1 Like